Let’s do a step-by-step check!
- Check the power supply status, and make sure to use the original power cable and transformer charger provided by Beseye.
- Make sure your internet connection is stable. You can download the free Speedtest app to check if your internet bandwidth is sufficient.
- Check your Wi-Fi configuration: What Are The Wi-Fi Requirements For Using Beseye ?
- Contact your internet service provider to find your Wi-Fi frequency (5GHz or 2.4GHz).
- Restart the Beseye app and Beseye camera(unplug and re-plug).
- Restart your home’s Wi-Fi machine. Please wait 10 seconds before turning it on again.
- Check with your Wi-Fi machine’s customer service to see if its internal setting is 2.4GHz.
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi router software has been updated to the latest version. If you can’t be sure, please contact your Wi-Fi machine’s customer service.
- Improve your wireless network signal:
- Move your Wi-Fi machine to a new location to improve signal strength. Usually, you will receive better signal throughout your home if the Wi-Fi machine is placed in the center of your home.
- Move wireless devices such as wireless phones and microwaves away from your router. Wireless interference from these devices may cause problems when attempting to connect over a wireless network.
- Lift the router off the ground. A router on top of a bookshelf or desk gives a better signal than one behind or under the furniture.
- Avoid placing metal objects or objects which emit electromagnetic waves near the Wi-Fi machine or camera.
- If the Wi-Fi signal is unstable, consider using Beseye's wired network adapter or purchasing a Wi-Fi extender.