- What is the difference between Dynamic and Static IP address?
Dynamic IP: when the device is connected to the router, the router will automatically assign an IP for the connected device to use and automatically connect to the Internet. For example, getting a Wi-Fi password at Starbucks and getting connected to the Internet once you are connected to the Wi-Fi.
Static IP: the device must use a designated IP to be able to connect to the Internet. This is mostly used by corporate customers or network environment with strict control.
- What is the Wired Lan Adapter?
Beseye will be introducing brand new accessories to improve camera viewing quality in a more complex network environment.
1. Install the latest version of the Beseye App from App Store or Google play on your mobile device. (※ Here we take iOS for example.)
2. After installing, go to the Beseye App and select [Sign Up].
3. Use the included power cable and adapter to plug your camera into a household power outlet and click [Next] to continue.
4. While Entering the Register New Account page, provide the relevant data, and click on [continue] when you're done.
- Account: Enter your e-mail address, this will be your login account in the future.
- Password: Passwords must contain at least six characters, including letters and numbers.
4-1 Email verification
4-2 The system will immediately send a verification mail to your registered mail. Please check your email immediately to verify (valid for one hour after the system sends the mail). After you received your mail, please press the "verify" button.
4-3 After pressing "verify," the page will display "email verification complete.
For the wireless method, implement 5 - 7. For the wired method, please implement 8 - 9
Wireless connection method (dynamic & static)
5. Please go back to the Beseye app and select network connection (select wireless)
※ Please first confirm the mobile device's 2.4G Wi-Fi is connected
6. Open the Wi-Fi setting page (this page only has IOS mobile phone)For dynamic IP, please press "next step." For static IP, then select static IP and fill in the static IP information.
【Android】 2.4G wifi。
7. Please enter the Wi-Fi password for the Wi-Fi account that your mobile device and Beseye Camera will be using. Once you're done, click [Go].
If there is no password, simply click [Next].
(after this process is complete, please skip steps 10 - 16 and continue with the pairing process)
Please return to the Beseye app and select network connection (select wired connection)(please make sure the network cable is connected at this time)
8.For wired network connection (dynamic IP and static IP)
9. For the wired network, directly press "next step" for dynamic IP. For static IP, press static IP and fill in the static IP information.
(after completing this process, please complete steps 10 -16 to complete the pairing process)
10. To ensure that the Beseye Camera can be successfully connected to your device, please maximize the sound volume of your device.
Once you're done, click [Next].
11. Make sure the status indicator light on the lens is flashing green:
Please check if the green light is twinkling.
If the light is not flashing green, it would mean that the Beseye Camera is still warming up. You'll just need to wait for a few more minutes!
12. Reminder: Your device will make the beeping sound. Please put the speaker of you devise towards the camera lens and click on [Next].
The Beseye Camera will then start connecting to your device. Please wait for the data to complete loading. You will then be redirected to the page for naming the Camera (Please check Step 14 to continue).
13. What happens if the connection process fails?
Please unplug from power and re-plug, then check if the status indicator light on the lens is green and blinking.
Also, make sure that the speaker of your device is less than 10 cm away from the camera lens. Once you've done that, follow the procedure described in Step 5.
If reconnection fails again, please refer to the Setup Guidelines provided at the reference page in order to troubleshoot.
Please check if the statuses of your mobile device and Beseye Camera are compliant to the installation conditions described in the Setup Guidelines. Once verified, click [OK, Try again].
14. Now you can name your Beseye Camera!
15.Please select the lighting area.
Beseye camera will optimize artificial intelligence according to different fields.
In order to provide more accurate detection effect, the lighting area is divided into two types: home and commercial. Please select the lighting area of the camera!
16. Congrats! You've finished setting up your Camera!
You can now unplug the cables and install your Beseye Camera at your desired location. We welcome you to enjoy the great services provided by Beseye and start recording precious moments and pictures from your life!